The principal function of a Semi-Senior is to work within the Audit team undertaking an Accounts and Audit based position. This role is responsible for assisting in audit work and the preparation of accounts and involves working as part of a team carrying out tasks under some coaching and supervision. There is a small to medium amount of client contact at this stage.
Office based, but the role will include some travel to clients premises. Most clients are London based.
Overall reporting will be to the Partners of Westbury. Job-related reporting will usually be to Managers / Supervisors, Senior Accountants, and Partners on occasion.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Preparation of Annual Accounts for Limited Companies, Partnerships and Sole Traders
- Audit of Accounts
- Preparation of Corporation Tax Returns
- Preparation of Management Accounts
- Preparation of P11D forms and other Tax forms
- Dealing with client correspondence
- Bookkeeping and preparation of VAT Returns
- Assisting clients’ internal accounting staff with any queries
- Preparing draft computations and looking into the tax consequences of various activities
- Supporting Junior staff with staff development
- Evaluating financial information for management and final approval purposes
- Liaising with management and other professionals to compile budgets
- Carrying out assignments to agreed timetable and budget
- Assisting in identifying client needs / opportunities in order to sell consulting or other services
- Keep up to date with relevant technical material
Attend study courses and exams, as required.
The Semi-Senior may be required to help out with other functions as and when required.
It is expected that the Semi-Senior will have / be the following:
- Part qualified or nearly qualified ACA or ACCA
- At least 1-2 years experience of Audit and preparation of Statutory Accounts work in practice
- Computer literate – in particular Word and Excel
- Solid knowledge of Accounting software such as CCH Central, Sage Line 50, or equivalent.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a professional manner
- Ability to apply self to learning and applying relevant technical knowledge and skill
- Ability to produce neat and accurate working papers
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills – ability to develop effective relationships with team members
- Good time management, organisational and planning skills – ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Co-operative team player
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com – please note no agencies.