As a business owner, do you find that that sometimes your staff lack morale? If you do, you must remedy this as soon as possible, as this would have a direct impact on the running of your business. After all, people spend most of their time at work, so it is important that they are looked after.
By following these simple steps, your staff will be happier and in turn this will improve your business productivity:
- Hold regular staff meetings, listen to them, and address any issues they have.
- Give them incentives to work harder, for instance by introducing performance related bonuses.
- Encourage your staff to progress in your business.
- Let them know that their efforts have been appreciated – a simple thanks does wonders.
- Offer flexible hours, or even allow staff to work from home – this is especially useful for mothers.
- Introduce dress down day every Friday.
- Treat your staff, whether that be cakes, drinks after work, or even the occasional lunch.
By following these simple steps, you will soon see a happier team. After all, your staff are your firm’s greatest asset!
Sonal Thakkar – Supervisor
Westbury Accountants and Business Advisors is an accountancy practice based in London. Westbury have been providing Accounting and Tax solutions to small and medium sized businesses since 1936. Talk to the team at Westbury on 0207 253 7272; or visit http://www.westbury.co.uk.